Saturday, May 10, 2008

Choosing!!

Talking about my Research Paper, I had a hard time trying to find a topic simply because I want to do research on something that I’m really interested in. that topic was indoor pollution in the kitchen. This topic is about woman in rural parts of countries cooking with wood, leaves and dung. Cooking with this material can affect a person’s health like getting tuberculosis. This topic really caught my attention because even though so many people die a year due to indoor pollution, the government doesn’t really help or try to find a solution. Indoor pollution kills around 16 million people a year, that about a person every 20 seconds. I was very surprised when I saw that, and that’s what caught my attention to this paper.

1 comment:

*Ms. Nisha* said...

That is a very interesting topic! i never really thought of pollution as being indoors, besides things like smoking, hairspray. yes, 16 million is definetely a large enough problem to contribute to this issue. I Look forward to hearing more about your paper.